Sunday, August 10, 2014

How Much Should You Really Show Off When It Comes to Clothes


How Much Should You Really Show Off When It Comes to Clothes

Do you ever look in the mirror and think “Man, should I really be wearing this?” or “I’m probably going to get judged for what I’ve put on.” Well chances are you’re probably showing off a little too much. Honestly I know from experience and I have a little story to tell that changed everything.

My Story

Not too long ago I made some poor decisions as far as what I did and the clothes I wore. My brother is a few years older than me and he has friends over all the time. I’d be left home alone with him and his friends and stuff like that. A lot of the time my age is mistaken for 3 or 4 years older because I’m tall and look older so to them were equal.

One of my brothers friends were staying the night one night and my brother was asleep. I had yoga pants on which clearly showed my butt. I got up to do something and went to set back down on the couch and accidently sat on his feet (which he had there on purpose) and then I said oops sorry and got up for him to move them and he didn’t. He told me to set back down. He was older than me and I guess I thought that was cool so I sat back down to where his feet could feel my butt through those yoga pants.

Honestly, that was only the beginning. He ended up doing worse stuff to me and I found myself in a bad place. I was hanging out with bad people, dating random guys, and I was terrified to go anywhere alone. About a month later I met new friends and found god and I’m doing really good now. I’m on the straight A honor roll and I’m pretty popular at my school. I’m a member or our schools cheer and golf team and guess what I still have nice supportive friends and no yoga pants or inappropriate shorts are in my wardrobe!

 

Tips

1.        I don’t really believe the fingertip rule is right because if you have long arms like me you’ll be wearing shorts to your knees. Honestly I just think they should cover your butt.

2.  If you’re going to wear yoga pants be sure to wear a shirt that covers your but because you don’t want to attract unwanted attention unless you’re running or at the gym.

3.    I don’t think it’s bad to show just a little bit of your belly but if your shirt only goes to your chest you probably want to find something longer.

 

If you dress this way more than likely you’ll find a boy who respects you and treats you right. Not one that uses you up and throws you away. Your friends may be wearing this stuff but they are probably not going to be treated with respect.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment